I had a playful but serious chat with self-proclaimed “zillennials” Desmond and Lauren, where we explored the distinctions between the generations, focusing primarily on Millennials, Gen Z and even Gen Alpha. We covered a lot of ground including media consumption, technological breakthroughs, attention spans, the ways in which the different generations absorb knowledge, and build communities.
Here are several notable insights derived from this conversation:
● The evolution of media consumption: Millennials rent movies from Blockbuster, while Gen Z are natives to on-demand streaming.
● A detailed exploration of finance, highlighting distinct generational approaches to banking.
● The shift from in-depth learning to immediate access to information.
● Gen Z’s distinct penchant for community involvement and their dedication to community construction.
● A glimpse into the upcoming generation, Gen Alpha.