During my discussion with Cody Berman and Justin Taylor on The Financial Independence Show, we explored the evolving finance landscape shaped by technological advancements such as artificial intelligence and cryptocurrencies. Additionally, we discussed how changing consumer behavior is playing a pivotal role in reshaping the industry.
I argued that central banks and regulators might not be as intelligent or purposeful as commonly perceived. I pointed out that due to increased liquidity in the market as governments issue more debt, it is unlikely that rates will decrease in the long run.
In our conversation, we covered several key points that shed light on the changing financial landscape:
● Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology are causing disruptions in the financial industry, but it’s crucial for individuals to be mindful of the associated risks due to the market’s volatility.
● If mortgages are digitized do we still call it a mortgage business?
● The power of public perception in the digital age was exemplified by the recent case of Peter Thiel’s tweet leading to a substantial fund withdrawal.
● AI will enhance our understanding of borrower-lender relationships, potentially giving rise to new financial products tailored to individual needs.
● To thrive as the industry enters its network phase, individuals must embrace an open-minded approach to the future of finance and adapt their portfolios accordingly.
Listen to the episode: